Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Single mom is a situation not a choice

Since I have been a single mom, I really that other judge you a lot. When you are single and have children, others question you all of the time like, they are God or something. They ask about the father and why are yall not together.  They ask you if you not interested in marriage like we just choice to be a single mom.  They want to knew if you living on the government, but other fail to reality single and married are living with government assistance.  Also, if I am or I am are not ,the taxes out of your check is not going to changes because it will go to another organization.  Nobody say in grade school that one day I want to be a single mom, it just happens.  Every single parent have their own story of how they got in this situation.  Be a single mom has it struggle but it will be a little light if other was not so judgement to us.  If they are not judge than they are sorry for you but reality that I am a parent just like you.  When your son learning to walk, mine is also learning to walk.  Just because my sons are being raise by a single mom do not means that they are going to end up in jail or dropping out of school.  Stop labeling own children as child at risk because they are not.  Just because a child in a single parent home do not means that they are in an unhappy or unsafe environment, sometime they are more happy and safe then a two parent home.  I do not depend on how much parent are raising you, but on how they raising and how they love you.  I think if we stop separated they single mom and children, we will have a better outcome.   I am a single mom because I believe I was in love and we have two children, the other person did not want to be together anymore so I am now a single parent.  I is not easy being a single mom but if you have the well power you can do it.  If I do or if I do not get married, my main focus is my children to raise them to be companion and overcome the statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment